Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Posted on January 20 2019
For garnish & crunch:
Mandolin super thin slices of your choice of sweet potato, taro root, parsnip or beet, brush each slice with olive oil (not virgin) and bake at 400 degree until crisp, approx. 10 mins.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter on low heat.
- Make a roux by adding the flour and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth, onions, and cauliflower and set heat to medium.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over medium-low heat until vegetables are tender (about 20 minutes).
- Puree with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Yields 4 servings of 1 ½ cups per serving.