In response to the outbreak of COVID-19 in the United States, our teams are currently working in Florida, New Mexico and the Navajo Nation, and New York with local authorities and partner organizations serving vulnerable communities who often lack access to health care, including migrants and people experiencing homelessness.
Equal Justice Initiative
EJI is committed to ending mass incarceration and excessive punishment in the U.S., challenging racial and economic injustice, and protecting basic human rights for the most vulnerable people in American society. We’ve earned the top ranking from Charity Navigator and won a Skoll Award for our impact on social justice reform.
Union of Concerned Scientists
The Union of Concerned Scientists is a national nonprofit organization founded more than 50 years ago by scientists and students at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Our mission: to use rigorous, independent science to solve our planet's most pressing problems. Joining with people across the country, we combine technical analysis and effective advocacy to create innovative, practical solutions for a healthy, safe, and sustainable future.
Today, we are a group of nearly 250 scientists, analysts, policy and communication experts dOur founders knew science and evidence-based decision making was critical to solving many of the biggest challenges facing humankind. To make progress we would need to work persistently in the face of often daunting odds. That's just what we’ve done.
- We combat climate change and seek to alleviate harm caused by the heat, sea level rise, and other consequences of runaway emissions,
- We strive to develop sustainable ways to feed, power and transport ourselves,
- We work to reduce the existential threat of nuclear war.
- We fight back when powerful corporations or special interests mislead the public on science.
- We ensure our solutions advance racial and economic equity.